Daikin has responded to the growing interest in indoor air quality (IAQ) with its new Alira X split system, featuring patented Streamer Technology.
According to Daikin, Streamer Technology forms part of a three-layer filtration system that continuously removes bacteria, allergens, mould, pollen, odours and indoor air pollutants such as formaldehyde.
“Daikin split systems are the only split system air conditioners in Australia to have gained approval by the National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice program as a better choice for people with asthma and allergies,” says the company.
Through independent testing, Streamer Technology was shown to:
- Eliminate pollen – more than 99.6 per cent in 2 hours1
- Eliminate mould – more than 99.9 per cent in 24 hours2
- Eliminate allergens – more than 99.61 per cent in 24 hours1
To further improve IAQ, a mould-proof operation mode activates at the end of cooling or drying operation to dry and sterilise the unit before powering off to prevent mould growth on internal components. In addition, the built-in humidity sensor enables precise control of the unit to effectively remove moisture and dehumidify the space.
The Alira X includes energy-saving features such as Econo Mode, Demand Response Enabling Device, Reluctance DC Motor and Swing Compressor. The 20-46 class models feature Daikin’s 2-Area Intelligent Eye technology, which adjusts the set temperature by ±2°C to save energy when no occupants are detected in the room. The technology also changes the direction of airflow to avoid draughts.
Daikin says the range is “whisper quiet” and can be operated remotely with an easy-to-use wireless controller or via the built-in wi-fi via Daikin’s Mobile Controller app.
Alira X is available in reverse-cycle and cooling only, with seven models ranging from 2.2-7.1kW.
- According to Daikin, verified at Wakayama Medical University with the following test condition: Irradiated allergens with Streamer and checked decomposition of allergen proteins by either the ELISA method, electrophoresis or electron microscopy.
- According to Daikin, verified at Japan Food Research Laboratories using antibacterial test/mould elimination test – test number: 204041635-001.